Pages

Followers

Monday, November 24, 2014

Paper piercing

I found this paper piercing a bit hard on my arms
and my first card was not the best.
Even with a paper piercing ruler it was all over the place.
I was very tempted to file it in the waste bin but decided to finish it
as after all it is handmade and does not need to be perfect.
For the card I am going to show you  I used 
a plastic template which I found easier to use.


Am getting to a stage where I need to renew some of my ink pads and
I have just bought myself a Versafine ink pad Majestic Blue.
Have found that you can get 2 stampings from one inking.
A dark blue that can be embossed and a pale blue like this one.
The blue card came from the bit box.
Decided to cut the snowflakes out of shiny silver card and love how they
sparkle with all the colours in them.

It is so cold today after 2 days in the 20's doubt it has got to 15 today.
At least we are not suffering like they are in NSW where it has been over 40.
Then all of you poor people in America with all that freezing snow.
So what am I grumbling about.

Am entering this :


Thanks for dropping in.


Margaret M


11 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Margaret and you are too hard on yourself. Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret....hope you're well. Love this card, the paper piercing looks lovely, the paper is gorgeous & those snowflakes sparkle so nice! A lovely verse too.....and my favourite blues for Christmas......I love this card!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret
    Lovely card and the piercing looks fine to me. Have never seen a template for it before.
    We can only dream of 15 deg. Was -1 this morning here lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wavy piercing - so pretty and I love the sentiment panel too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, your paper piercing looks perfect, although it is handmade :) Love the composition and tender blue palette of your card.Thanks for your visit to my blog. Last week I couldn't really come up with something decent for 52cct, so I missed the challenge :( I see, you are more persistent than I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant and stylish card Margaret.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stylish card. I like your layout, embossing and snowflakes. Everything goes very well together! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Margaret. The paper piercing is so neat and gives a wonderful added detail to the card. Love the sentiment too and those punched snowflakes are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your card with us at 52 CCT. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for entering my CHNC challenge extra for November with your lovely crafting – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creation. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More challenge. Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I very much appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you.